Monday, June 3, 2019

Running Horses 36"x 36" Oil on Canvas

'Running Horses' came about because I paint horses a lot and always have trouble with foreshortening when it comes to the heads. I painted the left horse seven times until I finally had to give up and call it quits. Now, much later, I like it and wouldn't change anything. I donated this painting to the Lone Star Cattlemen's Association who raise money for youth projects and scholarships. Their fundraiser was held at an exotic game ranch south of Austin where they have an event facility and Pavillion for large gatherings. They were very generous in buying this painting at auction, the proceeds going to the kids. Below shows how the painting was displayed at the auction.

My daughter, Stacy, whom I have dubbed the 'Pearl Mesta of Allandale' for her party planning acumen, was in charge of organizing this event and pulled it off without a hitch.

No comments: